Sunday, May 1, 2022

cowboy bean’s top 10 songs of the month - april 2022

what i’ve been listening to this month

1) polo perks <3 <3 <3 - mr. brightside (tommytohotty)

swear my heart so cold… 

this one is all thanks to pat. i had never heard of polo perks prior to our trip to dallas and he put me on. this is a banger. SURF GANF BITCH. 

2) bladee x black kray - friday nite

idk man.. this is probably the song ive went back to most this month. i’ve been hella into bladee & kray individually lately so finding all their collabs has been sick. 

3) lil tracy - demons 

i’m a pop star, only hang around icons…

this is an oldie but i was watching the legendary tracy set from boston in 2018 and he opened with this. i somehow never gave it a proper listen. needless to say, i was sleepin. 

4) yung lean x bladee x ecco2k x skrillex - summertime blood 

off the new lean record. ecco’s hook is an all timer. that is all. just go fucking listen. also bladee’s snicker in the opening bar is cute.

5) chxpo - laugh now, die later 

look in the mirror, i see no reflection, just my insecurities projectin… 

chxpo has had me hooked recently. he’s dropped two banging ass projects this year. this is the opening track on one of them. it’s fire start to finish with a number of lines that grabbed me on the first listen and kept me going back again & again. so much so i had to put two quotes from this one and even narrowing it down to that was hard. 

she 2 goth 4 me.. rip lil bo weep :/ 

6) charlixcx - constant repeat

u coulda had a bad girl by ur side… 

shout out zach. they love charli and now i do too. this song hooked me on her new album and remains one of my favorites off of it. what a legend. 

7) paper rose haiku - hero’s journey 

have u heard of field medic? well they’re doing soundcloud or whatever u wanna call it music now and it slaps. the way this drops in on the hook is just insane and has been stuck in my head almost every day this month. carry it around but i gotta let it GO. collab w wicca pls ? :-)

8) mackned - my living room 

shout out mike for putting me onto this lowkey banger from our king mackned. my man barks on this track for fucks sake. this is from HD1 and it rules. whole tape is underrated. run it. 

9) inclination - an x of my own 

breaking or claiming under another’s influence is about as weak as it gets..

a big change of pace for this list. i don’t listen to much hc anymore but i am still straight edge so when i do it’s normally edge bands. inclination put out one of the best albums of 2017 and this is possibly the best song on it. the quote i chose says it all. 

10) lil kawaii - til the summer (prod 4ever) 

ah man. this is a sad one to listen to. i haven’t listened to much kawaii but this is one i’ve caught myself playing a lot recently. such a banger and will get stuck in your head after a couple listens. rip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

cowboy bean’s top 10 songs of the month - april 2022

what i’ve been listening to this month 1) polo perks <3 <3 <3 - mr. brightside (tommytohotty) swear my heart so cold…  this one is ...